Friday, October 10, 2014

Favorite Products: Wink of Stella Pens!

 Hello, Memory Bound friends!
We all have favorite things. My list includes fuzzy socks, caramel lattes from Starbucks, and flowers picked from my garden. I also have several crafty products that I've come to love over the years. My newest favorites are Wink of Stella Pens. They're not new, but they're relatively new to me! I first learned about them on Jennifer McGuire's blog. (If you're not reading her blog, it's one of the best crafting blogs out there. Jennifer's tutorials are great!)

Wink of Stella pens come in lots of different colors. We carry the brush tip pens at Memory Bound, and they're super easy to use (just read the package instructions to see how to open them). They add a very subtle shimmer and the ink dries very quickly. The look is not quite as "blingy" as Stickles but very effective -- with virtually no drying time!

Here's a good picture of the Wink of Stella pen applied over a Copic colored image.

Here I used the clear pen over the top of natural cardstock "Memories" (cut with my Silhouette). In person, it almost looks like glitter paper!

Here I used the same pen over the holly berries, cut from red cardstock.

Here I used the silver pen on the star and the black pen on the bat. Super fun and easy!

Here I colored some of the embossed dots on this Silhouette tree for a very subtle effect.

In the video below, Jennifer McGuire describes many of her favorite crafty things, starting with the Wink of Stella pens. She explains how to open the pen and get the ink flowing (important to know!) and how to store them. (SPOILER ALERT: They need to be stored brush/label end up. Good to learn! *rushes to turn pens over* LOL) 

Stop in soon to pick up a Wink of Stella pen -- or several! I bet they'll soon become one of your favorites, too!
Janet

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by our blog!