Saturday, December 20, 2014

Super Easy Gift Card Envelopes

Hello, crafty friends!
I'm running a little late (as usual) with some of my Christmas preparations. I am normally not one to run behind but when it comes to shopping and wrapping, I'll admit I tend to wait until the last minute. With a small family, I don't have a lot of shopping to do, so I guess that's why I can get away with waiting!

 I recently purchased some gift cards which were mounted on large cards like the one shown. 
 
 Because they needed to go into a box with some other gifts to be mailed ASAP, I didn't have time to make a fancy gift card holder for each one. So I came up with a super easy design using some of the same supplies I used for the cards I shared on the blog yesterday. Super fast and DONE!

Ready -- set -- go!!
**Instructions**
  • Leave the gift card on the cardboard backing and tuck it inside an A2 (invitation-sized) envelope with a note. Seal the envelope.
  • Adhere a 3x4 piece of patterned paper to the center of the envelope.
  • Adhere a punched or die cut element (or a sticker) to the lower right part of the envelope with pop dots or foam tape. I had leftover punched trees from another project so chose paper to work with them. I love using my scraps!
  • Die cut, punch, or hand cut a small tag. Add the recipient's initial with a sticker letter or die cut.
  • Wrap twine a couple of times around the envelope and tie. Thread the tag onto the twine and tie in a bow.
  • Embellish as desired! I added punched dots from matching cardstock to the tree. I added Stickles to the dots and to the backgrounds of some of the papers and let them dry.

 Like the card design I shared, this simple design can be done with any Christmas supplies you have on hand. Or stop by Memory Bound to pick up what you need! We have envelopes, paper, and embellishments galore!

Happy last-minute crafting!
Janet



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by our blog!