Friday, December 19, 2014

Super Easy Last-Minute Christmas Cards

 Merry Christmas, crafty friends!

Raise your hand if you're still making Christmas cards! My hand is up! I'm not worried and you shouldn't be either...there is still plenty of time to make a few cards and have them arrive by Christmas -- IF you have a simple design that can easily be duplicated! :)

If you are in a bit of a last-minute time crunch like me and need a few more cards -- or even if you are just getting started -- here's a super easy design I've relied on more than once. It's an easy card to replicate with whatever you have on hand. I made the cards in this picture a year or two ago and plan to use the same design again this weekend to make a few more cards!

I've also used this design as an after-Christmas thank you card. Just substitute a thank you message for the Christmas greeting!

I cut my card bases slightly smaller than the usual A2 size (4x10, folded in half) to accommodate the smaller pieces of paper I wanted to use on the front. (This also enabled me to get 3 cards from a 12x12 sheet of cardstock.) To speed things up, I cut a bunch of patterned paper scraps to 3x4. I cut coordinating paper strips to measure 1x3.75. Just mix and match!

** Instructions **
  • Score the 4x10 card base at 5" and fold in half. It will open at the bottom. 
  • Adhere the 3x4 patterned paper (any seasonal paper will do!) to the lower right portion of the card.
  • Cut a notch in a matching 1x3.75 strip and adhere to the bottom of the paper, flush with right edge.
  • Now the fun part: Add Christmas stickers or die cuts to the front of the card with one overlapping the strip at the lower right, and something else in the upper left corner to balance it out. Use pop dots or foam tape under these pieces for dimension. This is a great way to use up those leftover stickers and die cuts from your holiday projects!
  • Wrap twine around the bottom of the card a couple of times and tie in a small bow at the lower right.
  • Print or stamp your inside greeting and you're good to go!
 
  Here's a new card I just made using this design. The die cut snowflake was made with our store Accu Cut die. I added a smaller punched snowflake on top of it along with 3 dots of Liquid Pearls. I colored the "25" with my Wink of Stella pen for a bit of shine. Super fast, fun, and ready to go in the mail tomorrow! 

Luckily I have a good stash of Christmas papers, lots of cardstock, my Big Shot and Silhouette machines, and plenty of adhesive. If I run out of something, Memory Bound is nearby and has everything I need -- and more! 

Stop in this weekend if you need a few supplies for your last-minute card making! Maybe I'll see you there! :)

Happy last minute crafting!
Janet

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by our blog!