Saturday, June 25, 2011

Staff Project: Bonnie's Shower Invitations

I recently ran into our very talented staff member Bonnie at Memory Bound. (I'm sure most of you know Bonnie -- she has been with Memory Bound since Day One!) On this particular day, she was elbow-deep in shower invitations. But not just ANY shower invitations!

Bonnie was making truly stunning invitations -- so elegant that I could not wait to get a picture to share with you! And, because I'm kind of a Roving Reporter now :), I had to get the scoop about how she made them. (Did you know that I am now carrying around a little spiral notebook for recording Important Information? I am serious! If you see me whip out my notebook, watch out! You could be blog material!)

So here are my notes about these beautiful invitations:

Bonnie used Bazzill Green Cardstock for the invitation base, then she traced and cut the dress design from Bazzill Diamond Bling to give it just a little bit of shine. (Tracing a design is a great option if you don't have a die cut in the shape that you need for a project!) Next she placed the dress inside the Sizzix Swirls embossing folder and ran it through her Big Shot machine. I love how the swirls look on the dress!

Bonnie added just the perfect touch of bling to her invitations. First she adhered a short length of May Arts silver ribbon to the dress waist using Score Tape. Bonnie says that Score Tape tears easily, so you don't have to cut it with scissors. (This makes the job a LOT easier if you're making lots of invitations!) Then she adhered a short length of the black/silver beaded ribbon on top of it, again using the Score Tape. Finally, she adhered the dress to the invitation base using pop dots. The beaded ribbon is the perfect accent for this invitation! And layering it with the silver ribbon adds a bit of depth and interest.

To finish the invitations, she printed "You're Invited", matted it, and adhered it to the corner of the card, then adhered the shower information to the inside.

I hope Bonnie's gorgeous invitations inspire you as they did me! You can see how she really made the most of Bling cardstock, embossing, and that beautiful beaded ribbon. In fact, I can't wait to add that ribbon to my next project.

Hmmm...I wonder how it would look on my spiral notebook? ;)

Janet

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by our blog!