Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Quick and Easy Thanksgiving Napkin Rings!

Hello, crafty friends!
It never fails...I don't think about the table setting for Thanksgiving until the very last minute. If you know me, I have enough worries just getting (edible) food on the table!

So this afternoon I realized that my "tablescape" (I use that word LOOSELY) was just not working. I forgot to buy Thanksgiving-themed napkins this year, and I needed something fall-colored to jazz up my plain cloth napkins and pull everything together. What to do...what to do...

Then I thought of my Big Shot and Tim Holtz dies! I grabbed a few scraps of cardstock in fall colors and set to work cutting greenery and leaves. I embossed the leaves and glued them all together, adding dots of Liquid Pearls at the top and a quick twine bow. (I opted not to ink the leaves because I didn't want to smudge my napkins.) I poked the fall leaves into my wooden napkin rings and called it good! And best of all, it took no more than 15 minutes!


Finally...I think the table is coming together! Let's hope that I have as much luck with dinner! HA!

If you don't have actual napkin rings, you could make them from strips of cardstock. If you've got kids with time on their hands this evening, this would be a great project for them! :)

Remember, we're open until 8pm tonight for your last minute crafting needs!
Janet

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by our blog!