Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Tuesday Tip: Perfect Placement!

Hello crafty friends!
I'm a huge fan of Liquid Pearls and Stickles, but I sometimes struggle when it comes to where to place them on my cards or other projects. Should I put three dots in the top corner or several dots randomly in the bottom corner? Or one dot at the bottom and two at the top? I often can't decide...and sometimes I don't like where I put them! (And trust me, don't even TRY to remove Liquid Pearls or Stickles once they're in place. They are not going anywhere! LOL)

You've probably heard the old saying, "Necessity is the mother of invention." With that in mind, I made a little tool for myself which has completely eliminated my placement issues! I found a little scrap of acrylic from a previous project and just squirted a few dots of Liquid Pearls onto it. After allowing it to dry, it was ready to use.

Now I can just hold that acrylic piece over the top of my project and decide exactly where I want my Liquid Pearls or Stickles to be placed. No more guesswork! No more regrets! :)

You can see here (after the fact) how I held my acrylic over the top of my card to decide where to add my Liquid Pearls. The acrylic allows you to "try out" several different spots before committing!

I liked the placement, so I went ahead and added them! NO FEAR! :)

If you don't have acrylic on hand, you could use any type of firm plastic packaging. Or pick up a sheet next time you're at Memory Bound. You'll soon be adding your Liquid Pearls and Stickles with confidence! :)

Happy crafting!
Janet

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by our blog!