Sunday, January 1, 2012

Our Scrapping Resolutions for 2012


Happy New Year to all of our Memory Bound friends! We hope everyone had a safe and enjoyable celebration. We're looking forward to all that 2012 has to bring!

A new year gives us all the opportunity to set new goals. With that in mind, I asked our Memory Bound staff to share a few of their scrapping resolutions for 2012. There is something about publicly stating your goals that makes you more likely to achieve them -- so now we'll have to hold each other accountable and make sure that all of these great goals turn into reality!

Diana:
* My daughter and I need to get my granddaughter's books done for graduation! 
* I want to once again purge and reorganize my SB room. (I noticed my cardstock is all out of color order!)  
* I want to do some serious scrapbooking of all things.
* I also want to come up with some really fun kids' class ideas and maybe some other class ideas, too.  
(Diana recently retired from her nursing job, so we know she'll have plenty of time to accomplish these goals and MORE!) 

Maggie:
* I will finish my granddaughter's 1st year album in time for her birthday in July. 
* I will organize a card/tag making station that will allow me to sit down and create beautiful cards and tags without spending time looking for everything.

Janet:
 * I will finish organizing and decorating my crafting space. (Special note: Janet will be teaching a Get Organized class on January 28. See the newsletter for details!)
* I will edit and print my backlog of digital photos.
* I will schedule scrapbooking time for myself each week to "catch up" on pages and big projects.
* I will finish the Disney/Harry Potter album I started last summer.  

Tess:
* I want to scrap our Disney trip from two years ago... before I forget more than I already have... and so we can enjoy the pictures more readily than on the computer! 

Dawn: 
* I plan to make a junk binder of fun things our family does throughout the year.

Katie: 
* I will use what I already have...I have so much that I forget what I have!! 
* I am going to get organized and the items at I am not using or plan on using will go the the Memory Bound garage sale. I need more space!
* My "big" resolution is to participate in Becky Higgins' Project Life. This will help me to scrap my favorite moments through the year, while keeping track of the of other things going on in our lives.

Mindy: 
* My Scrapping Resolution is to get back to scrapping and try to become a paper user instead of just a paper collector.  My kids are 5 and 1 in real life but in their albums they are 3 and just born so I have some catching up to do! 

Amanda:
* I plan to get Brady's first album done by his first birthday. 
* I will finish 2 pages a week.
* I try not to be so hung up on one page!

Kellie: 
* My 2012 goal is to keep a monthly junk binder album of things that happen through the year.  I did this in 2010 and love looking back at the movies & restaurants we went to, what we did for holidays, news stories, trips, etc.  It’s a great way to journal a year in your life.  
* I would also like to finish some of the projects I have started.

Pat:
* My goal is to get all my old photos filed and organized and then organize all my digital photos stored on my computer so I'm not always looking through hundreds of photos to find what I want. 

* * * * * 

What are your Scrapping Resolutions for 2012? Whatever they are -- be it organizing your space or making a vacation album -- we can help you meet your goals. We look forward helping you be successful in the new year! 
Janet



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by our blog!