Sunday, January 22, 2012

Fun at the Memory Bound Staff Crop - Part 1

The Memory Bound gals had a staff crop last Sunday. As you might imagine, a good time was had by all! Of course, I came armed with my camera so that I could document the fun. In fact, I took so many pictures that I'll have to share the rest in Part 2 later this week!
You all know Diane, our store manager. But did you know she is one of the most productive scrapbookers you'll ever meet? Her new grandson was just born a week before the crop, and she had already finished one mini-album for him and was starting on a second! I'll share more about her mini-albums, as well as pictures of her Halloween book, in Part 2.

I sat next to Diane and Diana, hoping their extreme productivity would rub off on me. :)

Diana works in the store and also teaches our Scrappin' Kidz After School classes each month. She is also super-productive! This was her third straight day of scrapbooking, as she had attended our store crops on both Friday and Saturday.

Right now, Diana is making albums for her granddaughter's graduation. We all loved this page with the string "spaghetti"!



Here are two additional layouts she finished of Paige as a little girl. These will be so fun to share at her open house!

And here's Amanda with an adorable layout of her baby and husband.

Amanda was making several pages with this October Afternoon line. Love the flowers!

Dawn and Kellie ran the store that day so that the staff could crop. Thanks, Dawn and Kellie! But before the store could open, Dawn had to fix her apron! 

Voila!

Maggie brought card-making supplies to the crop. I immediately noticed her little accordion file of scraps and asked her about it. She told me she bought it at our recent garage sale. I burst out laughing -- because guess who sold it! ME! And prior to that, I had bought it from Sharon Willard, one of our long-time customers, at another garage sale! We all had a good laugh over that! This little accordion file has certainly made the rounds. We THINK it has now found a permanent home with Maggie, but keep your eye open for it at the next garage sale! LOL

Maggie made several cards that day and has already used a few of them!

Katie was working on her son's Kindergarten album. She uses an 8.5x11 binder and page protectors to house his school papers.

She sorted through a lot of papers and kept the really special ones.
I was intrigued by Katie's process because I have a hard time parting with school papers. I brought my daughter's old school papers to sort and Katie even had to help me throw a few things away. Thanks to Katie, everything fit in my accordion files! :)

Here are Bonnie and her daughter Brittany. Bonnie was working on a UNI layout and Brittany was making a decorated frame. Aren't they adorable?

And here's Betsy with a sneak peek of her Christmas album. I will share photos of this album in Part 2. It's beautiful!

And here is Mindy who was just finishing up her December album. I took several pictures of her wonderful mini-book which you will see in Part 2.


As you can see, we all had a great time working on projects, snacking, and sharing fun stories. We can't wait to do it again soon! Watch for more pictures coming later this week. :)
Janet

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by our blog!