Saturday, August 3, 2013

Our State Fair is a Great State Fair!

 Hey, Memory Bound friends...it's almost time for the Iowa State Fair! 
The fair brings hot weather, food on a stick, and many photo ops. Save those precious memories using the huge selection of fair-themed products we have at Memory Bound!

My family has camped at the fair since I was a little girl, so we spend a LOT of time there. Of course, I take hundreds of pictures each year. Sometimes I give myself photo challenges, like taking pictures of everything on a stick, or every type of animal. Taking pictures is one of the best ways to enjoy and remember the fair! I always look forward to scrapbooking my fair memories.


Here are some ideas to help you plan your fair photos this year. Just looking at these pictures makes me excited for fair time!

 Save tickets & other memorabilia -- You can put them on a scrapbook page or make them into a mini-album, as I have done several times...
 
 
  

Find extra information online or
in the newspaper to include in journaling, or visit the fair website HERE for lots of information.
Click on "About Us" and "History" for a trip down memory lane!

  
Get shots of all the things you enjoyed – livestock, food, entertainment, games, Ye Old Mill, the crowd, vendors, contests, etc. Here are a few photo ideas to get you started!

The Agriculture Building, outside...
   

...and inside!
 

The Polk County Master Gardeners' area behind the Ag Building--
 
 

Animals of all kinds!
 
 
 

I especially love taking pictures of sheep wearing Spandex! :)
 

  Food! There's no shortage of it!
 
 

Favorite things to see, like the beautiful quilt exhibits --
 
-- and the crowds!

And don't forget a few nighttime shots, too. Evenings at the fair are very special! Stand at the top of the hill and try some sunset shots.
 
 

...and night shots of your favorite areas.



I hope these ideas will help inspire your fair photography this year! With lots of photos to choose from, you'll be able to create wonderful scrapbook pages or mini-albums your family will treasure for years to come!
Janet

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by our blog!