Sunday, July 21, 2013

Super Easy Card Idea

Hello, Memory Bound friends! 
I'm the first to admit that I love "clean and simple" cards. I'm partial to simple geometric shapes, and I love it when I find a design that takes just a minute to make but still looks great!

I made this card for my daughter awhile back using scraps of cardstock and one of my favorite heart-shaped dies (Tim Holtz Movers & Shapers). Of course, you could make the same card using any shaped die or punch. The possibilities are endless!

I started with a plain card base cut from kraft cardstock. I made a larger 5x7 card but any size would work.

I printed my text and cut it into a strip, notching the ends with my Cutterbee scissors. Then I folded it like a banner and adhered it to the bottom of the the card.

Then I cut 4 hearts using different colors of cardstock. To make them more interesting, I decided that each one should have a different type of texture. I used used my crimper on the brown heart and embossed the blue heart (Seeing Dots embossing folder). The green heart was made with a scrap of embossed cardstock so it already had a texture, and the the pink heart was left plain. I tied a piece of twine in a bow and glued it to the pink heart with a tiny dot of liquid glue. Then I adhered the hearts to the card with pop dots.

Finally, I fancied up the envelope by die cutting the letters of her name in the same colors as the hearts.

There you go. Simple and fun. Now go make this card today!
Happy crafting! :)
Janet 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by our blog!