Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Staff Project: Gift Card Holders

 Some friends and I were recently chatting about the amount of wrapping paper, gift bags, and bows we seem to have on hand. I have somehow accumulated more wrapping paper than I will ever use in a lifetime -- no, make that TWO lifetimes! -- because these days I mainly give gift cards. 


Because of that, I'm always looking for creative gift card holders that I can make with scrapbooking tools and the supplies I have on hand. I know I'm not alone in my quest -- our talented staff member Heidi found a great gift card holder idea in the June 2012 issue of Scrapbooks, Etc.

Here's the original idea from the article -- click to enlarge

This super-easy design makes good use of your circle punch and scoring board! Click to enlarge.


Here are three awesome gift card holders Heidi made based on this design (click to enlarge the collage) for graduation and birthdays. She made the outside part of the gift card a little larger than specified in the instructions so it would fit into an A2 invitation-size envelope for mailing.


What a great idea for all of those graduation open house parties which are just around the corner! Thanks for sharing your adorable projects, Heidi!
Janet

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by our blog!