Friday, February 7, 2014

Tips & Tricks: Spellbinders Card Base

 Hello, Memory Bound friends!
Do you love your Spellbinders' dies? I do! I use my Spellbinders' dies all the time, and I'm constantly finding new uses for them. One of my favorite ways to use Spellbinders dies is to create a shaped card base. It's easy!

For this example, I used my Hexagon set but most any shape will work. I chose the second to largest die but any size is fine, depending on the size of card you'd like to make. (Note: I have my steel dies stored on magnetic sheets from Taylored Expressions. Read more about them HERE. Love them!)
 

 Score and fold a piece of cardstock a little larger than your die. Spellbinders dies will cut through two layers of cardstock quite nicely.

  On your Big Shot machine, place the acrylic cutting pad on top of the closed Multi-Purpose Platform. Place the folded card base on top of it, then position your Spellbinders die with the ridge DOWN, with one edge slightly above the fold. Tape it in place with removable tape or a piece of Washi tape, as I did here. (NOTE: The Sizzix Magnetic Platform makes this step even easier, as it helps hold the die in place without taping!)

Put the second acrylic plate over the top of your cardstock and die. Look how well-loved this plate is! LOL You can tell that I love my Big Shot! :)

Roll through the Big Shot and you've got your completed shaped card all ready to go! Easy peasy!

If you've got Spellbinders dies, you can see that the possibilities for card making are endless. Stop in and we'll show you our great selection of dies. If you're brand new to die cutting, we'd love to get you started! See you soon! :)
Janet

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by our blog!